Seriously!!! This recipe will look like you slaved for HOURS in the kitchen.
I have served this to company numerous times and they all come back for seconds.
But no need to spend all that time and effort in the kitchen because I have simplified it just for you. You’re welcome.
I have included my recipe for pesto sauce but whos kidding who? There’s nobody looking. If the thought of making your own pesto overwhelms you then buy the jarred pesto. Go ahead, I wont tell.
Dont forget to purchase the fresh Roma tomatoes to serve with this meal.
Bag 1 - Medium size freezer bag
- 2 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Puree in a small food processor until everything is minced.
- Spoon into bag to freeze
Bag 2 - Medium size freezer bag
- 2 cups shredded mozzerella cheese
Bag 3 - Medium freezer bag
- 6 Medium size Chicken Creasts
- Large freezer bag labelled with recipe name and directions
- Place bags 1-3 inside bag 4
- You will Need 2 fresh Roma tomatoes
- Thaw meal over night in fridge
- Place chicken breasts in a baking pan with sides
- Spread a heaping tablespoon of pesto from bag 1 on each chicken breast
- Wash and slice the tomatoes. Place a slice on each chicken breast
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over all the chicken breasts
- Bake covered 40 min at 350 degrees F or until chicken is cooked through.
- Uncover the last 10 min.
The pesto sauce is also nice served over rotini pasta as a side with the chicken. Serves nicely with a spinach salad.