I do not typically serve dessert on a regular basis so when we have company coming I don’t naturally think about dessert. More than once it has slipped my mind until the last minute. Then I am scrambling to pull something together. It has become very helpful to keep a frozen dessert in the freezer ready to serve. This is a rich frozen treat.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, divided by 2
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2-1/4 cups thawed Cool Whip divided by in half
- 10 Oreo Cookies, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. non-hydrogenated margarine, melted
- Line an 8×4-inch disposable foil loaf pan with tin foil, allow the ends of the foil to extending over sides of the pan.
- Mash 2 cups strawberries in large bowl. Add condensed milk, lime juice and 1 cup Cool Whip; mix well. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Mix chopped cookies and margarine; sprinkle over the Cool Whip mixture. Cover with ends of foil; gently press cookie mixture into Cool Whip mixture. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- Store in freezer until ready to serve. Make sure to seal it completely with foil and plastic wrap to avoid freezer burn
Serve frozen. Invert dessert onto plate when ready to serve; remove pan and foil. Frost the dessert with the remaining Cool Whip. Slice remaining berries and arrange over the dessert.