This recipe has a great spicy flavor. If you love cilantro you will love this fish dish. Its great served all year round.
It calls for battered fish fillets. If you would rather go a little on the healthier side then use unbattered fish. You can also wait until the day you serve the meal and purchase fresh fish filets.
You will need to purchase the fresh ingredients just before serving. Tomatoes, lettuce and soft tortilla wraps.
Bag 1 | BAJA SAUCE
- Medium Freezer Bag
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 TSP Mexican Seasoning (Find the Recipe Below)
- 1 Small Jalapeño Pepper, Seeded and Diced
- ¼ Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Medium Freezer Bag. (I would just use an elastic to attach bag 5 to the box the fish come in.)
- 4-6 Fillet Battered Fish. Halibut or cod work well.
- ¾ Cup Shredded Queso Blanco or Monterey Jack Cheese
- Large Freezer bag labeled with recipe name and cooking directions.
- Place bag 1 and 2 inside large labeled bag and freeze
- Thaw bag 4 (sauce and toppings) in fridge NOT THE BATTERED FISH!!!
- Cook fish from frozen according to package directions
- serve fish on soft shell taco topped with baja sauce, cheese, and fresh diced tomatoes, onion and crisp lettuce.
- Squeeze 1 medium lime wedge over before serving
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1/4 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1/4 TSP Onion Powder
- 1/4 TSP Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 TSP Dried Oregano
- 1/2 TSP Paprika
- 1 1/2 TSP Ground Cumin
- 1 TSP Sea Salt
- 1 TSP Black Pepper