I Love having these rich potato skins in my freezer ready to add to a roast beef, chicken or BBQ steak meal. They are a crowd pleaser for sure and always the first to disappear. Doubling the recipe is always an option. There is virtually no extra work to do this simple time saving method. Makes 8 servings.
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes.
- ¼ cup milk (use almond milk for a non dairy recipe)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Use a dairy free blend such as Daiya for a non dairy option
- 8 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled
Meal Prep | Directions
- Wash potato’s and use a fork to puncture the skin all around each potato.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 400 degrees F for 50 minutes.
- Once cooked and cool enough to handle cut the ends off each potato and slice in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the insides of each potato into a medium size mixing bowl leaving just the skins intact on the baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the skins and bake for another 10 minutes.
- While the skins are baking, mix milk, salt & pepper into the bowl with the sweet potato. Mash until it is combined.
- Once the skins have come out of the oven fill them with the sweet potato mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of each potato with cheese and bacon pieces.
- Once cooled you can divide into appropriate servings in freezer bags or foil pans to freeze.
- Label each bag or cardboard lid of foil pan with the recipe name and cooking instructions. Place a piece of saran plastic wrap between the cardboard lid and foil pan far added security against freezer burn.
- Thaw and bake 350 degrees F for 30 minutes to heat through.