I try to eat paleo as much as I can. Mostly because I feel better when I do. But it’s tough to do this in the real world. It takes time and effort. So when I can recreate a comfort food to put in my freezer I’m in food heaven. This is a twist on an old family favourite. I swapped out the pasta noodles for zucchini strips and mozzarella for goat cheese.
- 1.5 lbs cooked ground beef or turkey
- 1 jar pasta sauce (gluten free)
- 3 Cups grated/crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup Daiya mozzarella shreds (optional- it adds a moist cheesy texture)
- 1 large Zucchini peeled and cut into thin slices. I used a mandolin veggie slicer.
- Mix together cooked ground beef and pasta sauce
- Use a 9×13 freezer safe dish or disposable foil pan
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of pan
- Layer zucchini strips, sauce, and goat cheese (& Daiya shreds) until you have completed 3 layers of each.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap to seal. Than add a layer of foil for added freezer protection. Write the recipe name and cooking directions on top.
- Freezer for up to 3 months
- Thaw in fridge over night
- Bake 350 degrees F 50-60 minutes. Zucchini may have a crunchy texture. Cook longer to soften the zucchini if desired.
- Serves nicely with salad