I always keep these items stocked in my freezer. It saves so much time in prep when I want to quickly whip up a recipe. I store the cooked ground meat and grated cheese in pre measured portions in zip lock freezer baggies.
- Diced onion
- Diced green and red peppers
- Cooked ground beef or turkey. 2 cups of cooked ground beef is equivalent to 1 lb. if you are cooking bulk.
- Grated cheese premeasured both 1 & 2 cups in appropriately labeled small 17x19cm freezer bags
Pantry staples to stock up on as they come on sale:
- Canned Tomatoes
- Minced or fresh garlic
- Beef and Chicken broth
- Pasta spaghetti, lasagna and elbow noodles
- Large and Medium Freezer bags. Please make sure these are good quality as the cheaper ones can rip and that is NEVER fun to discover. My favourite brands are Glad and Presidents Choice.
- Salt and pepper
- Onion powder
- Onion salt
- Garlic powder