Harsh, cold winters can be very hard on the skin. This winter has been exceptionally cold in Canada. A good lip balm is a must to protect our lips from the elements and from becoming chapped and sore. If you are like me you will want a natural product, especially when you are applying it to your mouth with the high likelihood that you will be ingesting it. This is a great and easy recipe for a natural lip balm. Be creative and experiment with different flavours.
1 ounce beeswax
1 ounce coconut oil
½ ounce shea butter
½ ounce cocoa butter
30 drops doTERRA Essential Oil or blend of oils. Wild Orange, Peppermint, Wintergreen are great choices.
- Line up empty containers. If using a lip balm stick, make sure it has been twisted down.
- Measure butters and oils and place in glass jar.
- Fill a large saucepan with 1–1 ½ inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add a glass jar to the center of saucepan.
- Stir every few minutes until ingredients are melted and combined.
- Once wax is melted, remove from heat and let sit 3 minutes then add essential oils.
- Pour mixture into lip balm containers and let cool.
to Purchase doTERRA essential Oils CLICK HERE